Workers Compensation, Personal Injury & Social Security Disability Verdicts & Settlements
Workers' Compensation Settlements
- $889,465 Workers' Compensation settlement for a 53-year-old South Buffalo man who injured his neck and left arm. The injuries required multiple surgeries and medications.
- $410,283.05 settlement for a 51 year old male worker for the Buffalo Municipal Housing authority to resolve his Worker's Compensation claim. The claimant had undergone 4 surgical procedures to his spine and was at maximum medical improvement with a permanent partial disability classification. The settlement includes yearly payments of 6372.15 guaranteed for his lifetime to cover ongoing prescription costs.
- $358,725 Workers' Compensation settlement for a 46-year-old Buffalo man who injured his lower back while lifting at work. The injuries required lower back surgery.
- $243,389 Workers' Compensation settlement for a 27-year-old Amherst woman with lower back injuries. The injuries prevented the woman from returning to her job as a production worker but did not require surgery.
- $228,800.00 Workers Compensation settlement for a 52 year old female production worker who underwent a successful neck surgery. The claimant remains eligible for lifetime medical and prescription coverage from the carrier.
- $216,658 Workers' Compensation settlement for a 47-year-old Cheektowaga welder. The injures resulted in surgeries to the lower back and multiple medications to treat symptoms.
- $208,000 Workers compensation settlement for a 50 year old female truck driver for American Freightways. The claimant underwent 2 back surgeries and was no longer able to work as an over the road truck driver. The settlement terms call for continued medical and prescription coverage for the claimant's lifetime.
- $208,000 Workers' Compensation settlement for a 39-year-old Buffalo machine operator. The injuries resulted in surgery to the injured workers’ lower back.
- $200,000 Workers' Compensation settlement for a 42-year-old Orchard Park nurse who injured her back while assisting a patient which resulted in her not being able to return to work.
- $165,000 Workers' Compensation settlement for a 40-year-old Buffalo News worker who injured her lower back. The injury did not require surgery but would not allow her to return to her previous occupation.
- $150,000.00 claim for a 56 year old male over the road truck driver for Roadway Express with a low back injury. The claimant injured his back lifting and eventually retired when the employer would no longer accommodate his restrictions. The claimant did not have any surgical procedures.
- $124,800 Workers' Compensation settlement for a 54-year-old Buffalo machinist. The case was resolved by keeping medical treatment available to the injured worker.
- $120,000.00 Workers compensation claim for 44 year old mechanic at a Ford dealership for an injury to his right shoulder for . The claimant underwent 2 surgeries to his shoulder and has been able to return to work.
- $653,000.00 was awarded to a 54-year-old woman from Cheektowaga who injured her lower back, right ankle, and right foot in 2009. The injured worker was not able to return to work in her previous capacity.
- $506,900.00 was awarded to a 38-year-old man who suffered a significant back injury while moving plywood for a door installation company. The claimant was also receiving Social Security Disability Benefits during the time of the settlement.
- $364,716.00 settlement was awarded to a 41-year-old man who injured his back while lifting a 150 lb generator. The claimant was classified with a permanent disability in addition to receiving Social Security Disability Benefits as well.
- $346,940.00 was awarded to a part-time nurses’ aide after 2 years of negotiations with the insurance company. Claimant sustained a significant neck injury while caring for a nursing home resident. The claimant was unable to return to work and was approved for Social Security Disability Benefits.
- $295,000.00 settlement was awarded to a 50-year-old laborer who injured his low back and neck in 2009. The injury resulted in multiple surgeries on the claimant’s spine.
- $250,000.00 was awarded to a power company employee who injured his right and left arms in 2011. The injured claimant has since returned to work.
- $250,000.00 settlement was awarded to a 50-year-old welder who injured his neck and low back while working under railway cars in 2004. Claimant required back surgery and was unable to return to work.
- $225,000.00 was awarded to an 83-year-old licensed practical nurse who sustained a spinal injury in 2011. The claimant’s injury resulted in spine surgery and prohibited the claimant from returning to work.
- $190,000.00 moved to a 63-year-old female packaging worker who injured her neck and left shoulder lifting heavy boxes in 2006 and requiring neck surgery in 2007.
- 180,000.00 awarded to a 43-year-old laborer who injured his neck and back while pouring concrete in 2002. The claimant required three surgeries on his neck and back before receiving the aforementioned settlement amount indemnity only.
- $178,000.00 to laborer who injured his back in 2008. The insurance carrier disputed the case stating the injury did not arise out of the course of the claimant’s employment. Claimant received in total over $500,000.00 in medical and indemnity benefits following negotiations.
- $175,000.00 settlement moved to a claimant who sustained a workplace injury in 1999 due to the repetitive nature of his job as a heavy laborer. Medical benefits continue as party of the settlement.
- $150,000.00 was awarded to a 55-year-old Paramedic who injured his back during the course of his employment. Following back surgery, the claimant was unable to return to his former occupation and could perform work in a light-duty capacity only. The insurance carrier argued that the claimant was no longer entitled to benefits because of his return to work. Following trial on the issue, the insurance carrier agreed to the settlement amount.
- $150,000.00 defrayed to a 47-year-old former factory worker who had been classified as having a permanent, partial disability due to a back injury. The claimant initially attempted to negotiate a settlement with the insurance carrier on his own, but received only minimal offers. All of the claimant’s worker’s compensation medical benefits are continued for his lifetime.
- $149,086.00 was awarded to a part-time employee who sustained a back injury in 2006. The claimant’s injury resulted in a lumbar spine surgery and prevented the claimant from returning to work in any capacity.
- $145,000.00 was awarded to a 45-year-old secretary who suffered from cervical and lumbar disc herniations and right/left carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands. Claimant required surgery in all areas and was eventually able to return to work in a restricted capacity.
- $145,000.00 settlement moved to a 46-year-old self-employed ceramic worker who was injured in 2005. The claimant subsequently underwent multiple surgeries and benefits now remain available to the injured claimant beyond the settlement, all paid by the insurance carrier.
- $137,619.00 awarded to a 59-year-old satellite dish installer who injured his back and required multiple spinal surgeries. The claimant is now entitled to ongoing medical benefits as part of the settlement.
- $136,144.94 awarded to a 44-year-old New York State corrections officer who required left shoulder surgery following an injury sustained during a confrontation with an inmate. After recovery, the claimant was able to return to his regular job duties; however, he was left with a 65% loss of use of his left arm. The insurance company claimed a lower percentage of 45%. During the ensuing trial, the insurance carrier conceded the claimant had a 60% loss of use, entitling the claimant to the settlement amount and lifetime medical treatment for his arm.
- $135,000.00 moved to a worker with an injured right thumb and hand. The employer did not have Worker’s Compensation insurance and disputed the claim before negotiating to the abovementioned settlement.
- $133,363.00 was awarded to a truck driver who was unable to continue his occupation following an injury. The claimant was eventually able to return to work light duty capacity. Prior to obtaining Losi & Gangi the claimant was out of work without any benefits for an extended period of time.
- $130,000.00 settlement awarded to a 36-year-old automotive worker who injured his back in 2007. The claimant did not require surgery but the injury did prevent him from returning to his previous working capacity.
- $129,432.00 was awarded to a 58-year-old assembly-line worker who was injured in 2009. The claimant required back and neck surgery which prevented him from returning to his normal job duties.
- $125,000.00 settlement moved to a 60-year-old metal worker who injured his left hip in 2008. The claimant required surgery to the left hip and was unable to return to work in his previous capacity.
- $119,000.00 awarded to a 57-year-old maintenance worker who injured his neck and upper back while working at his part-time job. Additionally, the claimant was a full-time local municipality employee. Following a trial on the issue of concurrent employment, the Administrative Law Judge ruled that the claimant was NOT entitled to recoup wages from his full time position. An immediate appeal was filed on the claimant’s behalf. Upon review, the Worker’s Compensation Board Appeal Panel reversed the original determination and awarded the claimant in retroactive lost wages.
- $115,413.48 awarded to a corrections officer who injured his right arm in 2011.The claimant was able to return to work full-duty following the injury.
- $115,000.00 settlement was awarded to an office worker who was injured in 2006. The claimant required multiple surgeries and his medical treatment continues to be paid beyond the settlement.
- $110,000.00 was awarded to a laborer for a back injury requiring multiple spinal surgeries. The claimant was eventually able to return to work in a light duty capacity following the settlement.
- $110,000.00 was awarded to a 42-year-old auto-service employee who injured her back in 2010. The injury did not include any surgeries.
- $109,000.00 settlement moved to a 77-year-old certified nursing assistant who sustained a low back and left hip injury which prevented the claimant from returning to work.
- $100,000.00 awarded to a restaurant worker who was injured in 2010. The claimant’s injury required cervical spine surgery. The claimant was eventually able to return to work in a light-duty capacity.
- $96,465.00 settlement was awarded to a county worker who injured his right arm. Medical benefits continue to be paid for the claimant beyond the settlement date.
- $90,000.00 was awarded to a rental store manager who injured her right hip and back in 2009. The insurance carrier claimed the injured claimant had a pre-existing injury and disputed the original claim before conceding to the settlement.
- $89,000.00 awarded to a county worker who sustained injury to his head, nose, right eye, neck, and suffered from post-concussion symptoms. Ultimately, surgery was not required and the claimant was able to return to work in a light-duty capacity.
- $86,000.00 was awarded to a 64-year-old woman who suffered a traumatic injury to her right foot, right knee, left hand, left wrist and left arm in 2010 whole employed by Wyoming County as a maintenance worker. Based upon the opinions of the claimant’s treating medical physicians, which were initially contested by the carrier, the Administrative Law Judge granted the entire award following litigation.
- $86,000.00 settlement moved to a warehouse laborer who was injured while working in 2009. The claimant required multiple surgeries and medical benefits continue to him beyond the settlement date.
- $80,710.00 was awarded to a Perry’s Ice Cream worker who was injured in 2012. All benefits were disputed by the insurance carrier prior to the settlement.
- $80,000.00 settlement awarded to a 17-year-old minor construction worker injured on the first week of the job. Following extensive litigation, the claimant was awarded double compensation for being illegally employed. Subsequently, a settlement was reached allowing for the claimant to be educated into a lesser demanding field, as well as allocating for his future medical expenses.
- $69,198.00 was awarded to a county worker who injured her left leg, left and right arms. Medical benefits continue as part of the settlement negotiation.
- $59,000.00 settlement moved to an installation technician who injured his low back in 2009. The injury did not require surgery and the claimant was able to return to work.
- $52,562.00 was awarded to a restaurant employee who was injured in 2004. The claimant had not received any benefits for multiple years prior to being represented by Losi & Gangi. Following negotiations with the insurance carrier, the claimant received medical and wage replacement benefits for multiple years prior to the settlement along with continuing medical benefits to the claimant after the settlement date.
- $47,500.00 settlement was reached for a 35-year-old licensed practical nurse who was injured in 2011. The claimant was classified with a permanent low-back disability, and was found not having an obligation to look for work. Following negotiations, the claimant entered into a settlement to keep her medical benefits open for life.
Personal Injury Verdicts and Settlements
Personal injuryverdict for a 34 year old construction worker with lower back and knee injuries when a ceiling collapsed on him.
- $2,650,000 Personal injury settlement for a 42 year old Union Carpenter who fell from a scaffold and sustained head and neck injuries.
- $2,000,000 Personal injury settlement for a 27 year old Laborer who sustained electrical injuries on a construction site.
- $825,000 Wrongful death settlement for a Jamaican family of a Farm worker who was killed on a public road while performing his employment.
- $500,000 Personal injury settlement for a 26 year old dry wall hanger who fell from a scaffold and injured his lower back.
- $425,000.00 was awarded to the plaintiff, a 40-year-old woman, who slipped and fell on accumulation of ice in the parking lot of the office complex where she was employed, sustaining injuries to her right arm and low back. A claim was pursued against the owner of the office complex for failure to properly maintain the parking lot. The plaintiff underwent extensive treatment for her injuries including arthroscopic repair of a torn ligament in her right wrist and a lumbar fusion surgery. The case settled at mediation for the abovementioned award.
- $191,000.00 was awarded to the plaintiff, a 39-year-old homemaker, who was involved in a motor vehicle accident and sustained injuries to both shoulders. As a result, the plaintiff underwent arthroscopic surgeries to both of his shoulders. The claim was arbitrated and resulted in the abovementioned settlement.
Social Security Disability
The Attorneys of Losi & Gangi have handled over 1,000 Social Security Disability cases with a 98% success rate.
Previous results in no way guarantee future outcomes. Some settlements may include a combination of structured payouts and up front cash. Settlements do not include payments for weekly indemnity or medical treatment prior to the final settlement. For specific questions regarding your claim please contact our office.